04 Feb Dream job.
Yup…we are in need of a full-time assistant brewer. You may think this requires a boatload of previous experience, but you would be wrong.
This is an opportunity for one hard-working individual to learn brewing from Karl “The Gold Medal Master” Schmitz starting at the ground floor, “ground floor” being a metaphor for pushups, of course. Think of it like an apprenticeship or on-the-job-training. Call it what you want, it’s beer, and it’s someone’s dream job (our biased opinion.)
Requirements and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping production area clean
- Following CIP SOPs to clean and sanitize tanks, equipment and kegs
- Filling kegs
- Bottle filling and labeling
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. repeatedly, and move kegs 165 lbs.
- Follow head brewers instructions
- Pushups when you screw up (12 minimum)
- Be a fast learner
- Attention to details
- Ability to work in hot wet environment
- Be passionate about craft beer
- Able to speak to and interact with customers, sometimes in groups
Think you’ve got what it takes? Bonus points for knowing how to research and create an impressive cover letter and resumé. Then email both to