ALL MATERIALS COPYRIGHT © 2012-15 WEST O BEER, FOR PRESS PUBLICATION and print production. for assistance. click here to sign up for west O press releases.
NAME :: LOGOS :: TYPOGRAPHY :: SLOGANS :: COLORS :: MASCOT :: PRESS RELEASES :: GABF GOLD MEDAL ASSETS
We’re pretty laid back, but we ARE picky about our BEER, and our STUFF (graphics, text, and concepts…AKA: Brand Assets.) This is our friendly legal reminder that all our stuff is covered by these following brand asset graphic standards, and protected by intellectual property laws. For real. We’d like you to use our stuff, but please agree to proper use. If you don’t see what you need below, talk to us first. We likely either have it, or will build it for you.
OUR NAME IS:
West O Beer
503 Terrace Park Blvd., West Okoboji, Iowa 51351-7300, 712-332-8090, www.westobeer.com
“West O” is two words. Capitalize the W and the O, and leave a space before the O.
please NOTE, WE are not: WEST OKOBOJI BEER COMPANY or okoboji brewing company.
LOGOS AND GUIDELINES
We prefer our logo on a black background (like this) to mimic our six-pack boxes, but we understand that sometimes white is preferable, like in a newspaper or magazine article. If your page is white, go for the white background logo. If you are building a poster from scratch, we’d prefer the background to be black. And if you’d like something special, and we’ll try to build it.
LINKS TO LARGE & SCALABLE WEST O LOGOS FOR PRINT
• WEST O LOGO (PREFERRED) (EPS format in .zip file, scalable)
• WEST O LOGO (EPS format in .zip file, scalable)
• WEST O LOGO (PREFERRED) (PDF format, scalable)
• WEST O LOGO (PDF format, scalable)
• WEST O LOGO (PREFERRED) (JPG format, 2000×1500 pixels @ 72dpi)
• WEST O LOGO (JPG format, 2000×1500 pixels @ 72dpi)
Gotham Black flush left with wide letter spacing is used for things like posters with big bold headlines. Alternatively you may use Helvetica Neue Black. We saw that trend to revisit Cooper Black coming about five years ago, and we’re not on board. Stick with sans serif.
We use iconic slogans, the shorter the better. If you want a tag line to go with a logo, use one of these:
• BREWED RIGHT HERE IN WEST OKOBOJI.
• DRINK LOCAL. DRINK IOWA.
• ASK. REPEAT.
• #wheresyourwesto (We use this hashtag #wheresyourwesto frequently in posters and banners, not just social media. It is all one word, all lower case, with no quotation marks and no apostrophe in WHERES.)
West O’s official logo is Process Blue for the circular rings. Secondary color for print is always based on the official colors from our beers. There is a method to the madness.
• Red (based on Smoked Red): Pantone process S71-2 (approx. spot 180C), C10-M75-Y80-K15, Hex C2533F
• Blue (based on Pilsner Ale): Pantone process S235-6 (approx. spot 550C), C40-M0-Y0-K25, Hex 839AB0
is our mascot, and yeah, he is off limits. If you have an idea for his use, talk to us first.
WEST O OPENING Press release (May 10, 2013, PDF format)
WEST O EXPANSION Press release (Oct. 14, 2013, PDF format)
GREAT AMERICAN BEER FESTIVAL GOLD MEDAL Press release (Oct. 10, 2014, PDF format) More assets related to the GABF Gold Medal are at this link.
Sioux City Journal [06/21/2013, Tim Hynds] “Playing at the Iowa Great Lakes? There’s beer for that”